From the boring super Sunday boring derby between Liverpool and Manchester United at the Merseyside, to the big statement Conte’s men sent to the other Serie A teams by beating the old ladies of Turin, and to some minute of madness from Lionel Messi. The Sunday football games definitely brought all the drama, the ones we expected and the ones we didn’t.
- The overhyped derby brought no fun nor excitement between Liverpool and Manchester United, as a well tactical game ended in a scoreless draw which leaves the Manchester Red at the top of the table.
- Goals from Arturo Vidal and Nicolo Barella was the main difference as Antonio Conte’s Inter Milan side sent his former student Andrea Pirlo and his Juventus team back to school and to 5th on the log thereby sending a great title contender message to Ac Milan whom they now share the same point with for the main time
- Tottenham still overly dependent on Son and Kane but they won’t mind as they got back to winning ways with a win over Sheffield United
- De Bruyne, John Stones, Gudogan all showed class as Manchester city are now just one win away from going to the top of the premier league table after destroying their normal customers, Crystal Palace 4-0 at home.
- Fun fact Lionel Messi is now trophy less in like a season and some months while also getting his first red card in 753 appearances as he shamefully led his Barcelona team to another collapsing display in the Spanish Super Cup as Athletico Bilbao came back from behind twice to snatch a 3-2 win in the finals at Seville
- Ozil’s bad dreams at Arsenal is over as he is about to start a new chapter in Turkey with Fernabache